All of us are discussing about carbon foot prints by hotels. I would like to share my thoughts on planning a Hotel and would appreciate if you would like to add any.
* Take advantage of Existing Landscape.
* Use maximum local Local material.
* Incorporate local art, craft and architectural features in the design.
* The building should take advantage of natural Sunlight, Wind, water, rain and other resources to reduce energy usages.
* Avoid building just for beauty, each area should be revenue generating and functional.
* The Architect should involve an experienced Hospitality Operator to ensure maximizing return from investment.
* Use latest technology to reduce energy consumption and increase efficiency.
* The design should provide for future expansion and modification.
* The building architecture should last for very long time.
* Keep in mind to maintain right balance between functionality and aesthetic aspect of each item.
* Try to blend the project in its natural surroundings.
* Beside good landscape, add lots of plants and water bodies in the Hotel.
* Add unique features in your design which should make the Hotel different and easy to market.
* Research local history, Master Plan and future growth trends before planning.
Thank you for your attention.